Ake Ake Kia Kaha
For Ever And Ever Be Strong
© 2020 Crown Copyright
Formed in October 1916, 75 Sqn was used for home defence during the First World War. It reformed as a bomber squadron in 1937 and was operating Wellingtons by the start of World War 2. In April 1940 it was renamed 75 (New Zealand) Squadron after the New Zealand Government made aircrew being trained in the UK available to the RAF. It started to re-equip with Stirlings in 1942 and Lancasters a year after that. After VE Day it started to equip with the LIncolns ready for posting to the Far East as part of the Tiger Force but never used due to Japans surrender. In 1946 the squadron was transferred to the Royal New Zealand Air Force, the only squadron given to a Commonwealth country. The RAF never again had a 75 Sqn.
Bases where the Squadron flew Lancasters