First Of The Legion
© 2020 Crown Copyright
109 Sqn was formed in November 1917 but was disbanded 9 months later without becoming operational. It reformed at the end of 1940 and was used special operations identifying ways of jamming German radio and radar signals. It flew a variety of aircraft and had one Lancaster for a couple of months before converting totally to the Mosquito. Post war it replaced the Mosquito with the Canberra which it operated until 1957 when the squadron disbanded.
Bases where the Squadron flew Lancasters